Friday, August 28, 2009

Hello Robert Redford!

This morning we were eating a delicious dinner at Avia Hotel in Savannah (http://www.aviahotels.com/). I couldn’t get over how good their grits were, then the waitress told me they are ground in Savannah and specially made…that explains a lot. During breakfast, I couldn’t help but overhear the table next to us as several men were discussing “character development” and “plot theme.” Obviously, they were talking about a movie, but I didn’t pay that much attention or look that way. Halfway through our meal, Leah asked me, “Is that Robert Redford?” I glanced over quickly and looked back at her and replied, “Yes.” We couldn’t believe it. Robert Redford was sitting next to us in Savannah, GA having breakfast. To make a long story short, we finally asked him for a photo and he was kind enough to pose with us twice. I have to admit that he is the best-looking, seventy-something year-old-man I have ever seen.

After our ‘real’ celebrity “run in” this morning, we were so excited that we just HAD to go shopping. We walked to Broughton Street and perused many of the great stores. Our favorites were Bleu Belle (http://www.bleubelle.com/) & James Gunn (http://www.jamesgunnonline.com/). That afternoon, we drove to Tybee Island (www.TybeeIsland.com), which is a quaint and low-key seaside community located 18 miles east of Savannah. We drove around this resort community and stopped in at the Atlantic Beacon Gallery to see the Ticklish Mermaid art. We also stopped at a cluster of gifts shops where I found a great napkin quote: "I'll have a cafe mocha vodka valium latte to go please." Too funny!

As we drove back to Savannah, we talked about the fun we had the past few days and how much we are looking forward to our next Girls Getaway!

No comments: