Monday, September 21, 2009

Girls Getaway to Phoenix

I arrived in Phoenix around noon and headed straight from the airport to Biltmore Fashion Park to meet up with the rest of my group. We congregated at True Food Kitchen (www.FoxRestaurantConcepts.com), which offers globally inspired, seasonal menu that appeals to anyone seeking a more balanced lifestyle. The cucumber lemonade, gazpacho and tuna sashimi salad were all delicious!

We then headed to the Arizona Biltmore Resort (our home for the next two nights). Opened in 1929 and known for its Frank Lloyd Wright architecture, the 39-acre resort is known as the “Jewel of the Desert.” After some R&R at the Biltmore (www.ArizonaBiltmore.com), we drove to the Scottsdale’s newest luxury resort, the InterContinental Montelucia Resort (www.ICMontelucia.com), which is nestled on 30 acres in the foothills of Camelback Mountain. This resort is incredible and reminds me so much of southern Spain. The 31,000-square-foot Joya Spa (http://www.joyaspa.com/) is a destination in and of itself. While here, we were each treated to two 25-minute “sample” treatments. My scalp massage and facial were wonderful, and I felt fully recovered from the plane ride earlier that day.

After our treatments, we headed to the InterContinental’s restaurant Prado (http://pradolife.com/) where we started the evening with a Tequila Tasting. Despite a strong aversion to tequila (for reasons I won’t mention), I tried the three options offered and felt just fine drinking water the remainder of the evening. I enjoyed my steak, but heard several people rave about the lamb sausage. I’ll have to try that next time.

No comments: