Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Girls Getaway to Northern Michigan - Day 3


After a relaxing morning at the resort and a wonderful massage at the spa, we were ready for some fly fishing on one of Michigan’s gorgeous rivers. We met up with Phil Croff from CC Guide Service so I could try my hand a fly fishing. Just putting on the waders proved challenge enough for me, but with my new fashion statement (waders are sexy), I was ready to catch some fish. We ended up with no fish (although I had a big bite), but we had a great time fishing until midnight under a full moon in one of Phil’s handcrafted row boats that was beautiful.

I quickly realized that my trip to Northern Michigan was too short. Treetops Resort is currently undergoing a massive renovation, so I will be anxious to see the final result. If you are looking for summer or winter time fun in Northern Michigan, be sure to check out Treetops. Summer rates (one night, one round of golf and breakfast) starts at $97/person and winter rates (one night, ski and breakfast) starts at $79/person. Both rates are based on double occupancy and based on availability.

Many thanks to everyone who made my very first trip to Michigan a memorable one!

No comments: