Friday, July 8, 2011

Girls Getaway to Maui - Day 3 Surf's Up

The next morning was an early one as we met Tara Angioletti, owner of Girls Gone Surfing, at 7AM. Within just a few minutes of meeting her, you realize this tiny, energetic woman will have you in the water and standing on a board before you realize what happened. And that’s exactly what she did. We had a brief overview on land, then it was time to paddle out and catch some waves. Either Tara is a great teacher or I am a fairly quick learner (probably the former), but I was able to stand up on my second try. Once I was up, I was hooked and didn’t want to come in. Tara was a sport and stayed in the water with me for almost three hours. Tatianna wore herself out catching her own waves and called it a day. After exiting the water, I am not sure if I should be proud or disappointed of the cuts and scrapes all over my feet. After all, a true athlete must have proof of their hard work, right?

After working up an appetite, we went for breakfast at the Sea House Restaurant at the Napili Kai Beach Resort. With options like the Homemade Macadamia Cinnamon Roll and the Molokai Sweet Potato Egg Frittata, the choice was difficult. I ended up trying the Loco Moco Country Style, which is the classic local style breakfast with a twist. Yum!

After breakfast and a few minutes laying out at Slaughterhouse Beach, we met up with Tara for some cliff diving (or at least jumping). The worst part about the jumping was climbing the rocks barefoot after we tore up our feet earlier that morning surfing. Once we jumped, we were hooked. Thanks Tara for two awesome experiences in one day!

No comments: