As The Getaway Girl®, Casey Wohl, launches “The Getaway Girl Foundation,” a non-profit dedicated to empowering women and girls in need through travel, she plans to kick off the Foundation with the inaugural “Leave Your Baggage at Home®” Getaway to Seaside, FL September 27-30, 2012 with limited space for a few lucky ladies to join.
This is where the idea for Foundation started when The Getaway Girl® took Sondra and two of her girlfriends on a getaway. Sondra’s only son died of cancer and, then two weeks after the funeral, her husband left her. With her birthday approaching, Sondra needed a new lease on life and that’s when the value of life-changing travel was discovered during a trip to Seaside, FL with Sondra, two of her friends and The Getaway Girl® Casey Wohl.
This idyllic community is situated in Northwest Florida on the Gulf of Mexico along scenic highway 30A and amidst the white sand beaches of South Walton County. This region is known throughout the world for beautifully pristine waters framed by unspoiled coastal lands. Thirty years ago the town of Seaside was carefully planned and established. It is charming and romantic, beautiful and graceful, diverse and eclectic, authentic and unpretentious, alive and vibrant. You may even recognize it as the set for the 1998 Jim Carrey movie “The Truman Show.” The dream for Seaside was the dream for life itself. Simplicity, grace, elegance. The town reminds so many people of what is truly real in life. What is truly significant. A simple connection to family and friends and the beauty that abounds in this special corner of the world.
Seaside is not a cookie cutter beach resort. The town has pools and tennis courts and other beach resort amenities, but Seaside is more. It is an experience. It is an experience that not only changes the way a vacation is lived, it changes the way a life is lived. Seaside helps us all live a dream of a simple, beautiful life. And isn’t that what a “Leave Your Baggage at Home®” weekend is all about?
What’s Happening in Seaside?
- Town Center features over 50 boutique-style shops, cafés and bistros
- Beachside shopping features open-air market, fine and casual dining
- Ruskin Place Artist Colony features fine and folk art
Thursday, September 27:
TBD Check-In & Welcome Event
Friday, September 28:
Breakfast on Your Own
8:30 AM Baggage Busters - Welcome & Introductions
9:30 AM Coffee Talk - Casual Conversations with Extraordinary Women Over Coffee
Noon Fashion Show & Lunch
2:00 PM Get to Know Seaside:
- Exclusive, Private Bicycle Tours - Seaside was developed in the 1980s by developer Robert Davis as a modern Victorian town with narrow streets, picket fences and pastel-hued dwellings. It quickly revolutionized town planning across the U.S. On this tour, you will get a behind-the-scenes look at the ingeniously planning that went into planning this ideal town that was the backdrop for the 1998 Jim Carey movie, The Truman Show.
- 'I Heart Art' Stroll - From art galleries to fashion boutiques to interior decorating and home decor stores to jewelry designers, get a VIP tour of the eclectic style that makes Seaside a unique art destination.
Saturday, September 29:
Breakfast on Your Own
8:30 AM Beach Yoga & Farmers Market Stroll
10:30 AM YOLO Demonstration
Noon-2:00 Culinary Demonstration Lunch with Celebrity Chef Tim Creehan
2:00 On Your Own: Relax & Rejuvenation Afternoon - Beach, Shopping, Spa, YOLO
TBD Sensational Sunset Cocktail Hour
TBD Bodacious Baggage Buster Dinner
Sunday, September, 30:
Breakfast on Your Own
Enjoy Seaside, the beach during free time. Depart as necessary.
The official lodging partner is the Cottage Rental Agency (CRA) that is offering 30% off regular rates if you mention you are with “The Getaway Girl’s” group. In addition, each registered guests of CRA will receive complimentary one-day use of a bicycle. As the provider of the best Seaside rentals for decades, CRA represents an amazing collection of 240 rental cottages, townhomes, an inn and penthouse suites. Each rental is individually owned and represents the tastes, personal preferences and style of the owner. Sizes vary from cozy beachfront honeymoon cottages to spacious homes that sleep up to 22. From quiet, wooded areas to beachfront and town center properties, guests have a wide variety of options. As the premier on-site rental provider in Seaside, guests of CRA receive the following with their stay:
- Complimentary access to three swimming pools, tennis courts and fitness center
- Complimentary bottle of wine upon arrival
- Welcome beach tote with souvenirs
- Complimentary DVD rentals
- 15% discount on all bicycle rentals
- Complimentary business center with Internet access
- On-site check-in and management services
- On-site housekeeping services available
- Concierge to assist you planning your day
Your registration for this weekend will include two private tours, a culinary demonstration/lunch, fashion show/lunch, pilates session, YOLO demonstration, welcome reception, two dinners and a cocktail hour, as well as participation in the Coffee Talk sessions. Your accommodations and travel to Seaside must be booked separately.
Register by September 1: $275/person
Register September 2-20: $295/person
Registration ends September 20.
Ready to register??? Click here!