In today’s fast-paced world, spending quality time with friends is more important than ever. And taking a trip with those friends can be a great way to bond and have fun. In 1935, the U.S. Congress created National Friendship Day to honor the special meaning of friendship.
Recognized on the first Sunday in August each year, this national holiday has been observed for more than 70 years. Following the popularity and success of Friendship Day in U.S., several other countries have adopted the tradition of dedicating a day to friends. Today, Friendship Day is enthusiastically celebrated by several countries across the world including India.
What better way for women to celebrate this national holiday on Aug. 3 than with girlfriends? For women, girlfriends come from all aspects of our lives, from mothers, daughters, sisters, childhood and college friends to work colleagues and neighbors, we cherish all of the wonderful women in our lives who we share a special bond.
Author and girls getaway expert Casey Wohl, better known as The Getaway Girl™, has the answer for women who want to celebrate this great holiday and spend time with their girlfriends. Wohl is hosting the National Friendship Day Girls Getaway to Orlando August 1-3 at the Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center. Wohl has created the ultimate in girl getaway indulgence, from shopping and spa treatments to dining and cooking demonstrations, there is something for everyone during this amazing weekend.
· Exclusive VIP shopping experiences at the Mall at Millenia and Orlando Premium Outlets, only available with The Getaway Girl™
· Amazing discounts at the Canyon Ranch Spa, winner of the Mobil Four Star award. Revive the body and the soul with therapeutic massages, invigorating body wraps, rejuvenating facials and more all in a private, tranquil atmosphere.
· Special “Wine Down with The Getaway Girl™” evening welcome reception
· Private cooking and dining experience at Emeril’s Orlando
· Sunday Gospel Brunch at the world-renowned House of Blues
· Limited Gaylord Palms hotel room rate only available to guests of The Getaway Girl™
***All the above (except hotel room) is included in the $300 weekend registration fee.
Registrations for the weekend and hotel reservations must be made by July 25. For more information about the weekend and to register, visit http://www.girlsgetawayguide.net/ or call (863) 224-6326.