Friday, January 28, 2011

One Girl's Getaway to London - Sightseeing

Christmas 2010 was definitely the coldest Christmas I have ever experienced. I am from Florida and have always been with my family for the holidays in the Sunshine State. For 2010, my friend and I thought it would be fun to do a Girls Getaway to London over the holidays. We were both single and looking for some adventure this holiday season.

With the departure date a month away, my friend and I had a falling out. Alone in London is not at all bad, but alone in a foreign country during Christmas was something I had never experienced before.

While the cold weather and ruined friendship initially put a damper on the trip, I found London to be a magnificent place during the holidays! Not only is it a beautiful city, but the warmth and hospitality from Londoners more than made up for the frigidness I experienced prior to the trip.

Upon arriving at Gatwick and settling into my Wandsworth area flat, I went to the neighborhood pub with my friend Andy and ordered the Bangers & Mash. Of course these bangers didn’t disappoint, and after a few drinks, I called it a night to catch up on my sleep.

My first full day in London was spent seeing the sights aboard the Big Bus Tour (tickets can be purchased via www.visitbritainshop.us) where we saw all of London’s best attractions, such as Tower of London, The London Eye, Trafalgar Square, St Paul’s Cathedral (where Princess Di got married), Tower Bridge, Hyde Park, Haymarket, and (of course) Westminster Abbey (where Prince William will get married in April). This hop on, hop off tour was a great way to see the city. I hopped off at Hyde Park to enjoy the Winter Wonderland and get a cup of Hot Mulled Wine. I also got off at the Tower of London to see the Crown Jewels (and tons of people enjoying the ice skating rink outside.

1 comment:

clayts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.