Friday, February 13, 2009

Have You Tasted Wine From Your Birth Year?

For the past four years I have been going to Nashville for girls getaways and I always find something new to do. For this trip, Carly and I stayed with my friend Mandy, who lives in Nashville. Our first evening in town entailed dinner at Tom Black’s house. Tom is considered the unofficial mayor of Nashville and is regarded internationally as a wine expert. As you can imagine, wine tasting with Tom is quite a treat, especially when you can explore his two never ending home wine cellars and select a wine from your birth year. I selected a Latour from 19?? and Mandy selected a Bordeaux from 19??. They were both wonderful! Tom is very involved with Nashville charities and offers his wine expertise and home to help non profits raise money and awareness for important issues. During the trip, I found out that he donated dinner at his home with Martina McBride and her husband and Brooks & Dunn and their spouses that sold for $80,000 at a charity auction. We felt very privileged and honored to dine with Tom.

No comments: