Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Donna!

Since I was already in Daytona for the Rolex 24, it was just a few hours for me to drive to Jacksonville for Donna's 60th birthday celebration. Donna is one of my mom's college roommates, and they have remained close all these years. Donna is a fabulous person and a terrific sounding board, so she is almost like another mom to me. Since she lives in Nova Scotia, I was thrilled to see her for her birthday (even though I just missed the beachside massages).
A bunch (yes, that's a technical term) of us stayed in a 14-room beach house on the ocean. It was fabulous! We grazed on fresh shrimp, fingerling potatoes, chocolate-covered popcorn and chocolate cake. After hanging out and singing some fun songs, a few of us walked to the downtown area of Atlantic Beach, which is quaint and charming and filled with restaurants, a diner, a wine bistro, and several bars.


With all the fun we had, we are already planning a Girls Getaway to Jacksonville Beach/Bikini Bootcamp. Anyone up for yoga on the beach and fun in the sun? Let me know.
PHOTO: Casey Wohl (middle) with Roslyn Fechtel (left) and Donna Hansczaryk (right).

No comments: